Friday, October 21, 2011

Everybody's Done It, Right?

Well, here’s a laugh at my expense…and I am not talking about the time recently where I was filling up my gas tank, and the wind blew knocking me off my heels and splattering gasoline all over me…not that time. No, I am talking about falling in the toilet yesterday, but it gets better.

You see, I started another liquid fast earlier this week, so I am making more frequent trips to the restroom than usual. I know, TMI. But, I had “to go,” so I hurried down the hall from my office to the LADIES restroom…where no one EVER leaves the toilet seat up. Why…because it is a ladies restroom! I would probably have been more observant had I been in my own home, but no. And well, you know the drill; I quickly unzip my pants and prepare to sit. Just before my bum reached the bowl, I noticed! Too late though. I had already committed, and in a failed attempt to save myself, I slipped in my high heels which resulted in ripped pants, a broken zipper and a really cold, wet behind. Go ahead and laugh. I mean, I didn't, but I am now. Luckily, this happened as I was finishing up my work day!

But worst of all, it was one of my 3 pairs of pants that I got for $.97! (You would need to have read one of my older blogs to understand.) I’ve probably worn them about 20 times, so I guess I got my money’s worth. {sigh}

Therefore, the quest to search for a new bargain and a new pair of brown pants has commenced! A pair of dress pants cheaper than $.97 might be hard to beat though.

1 comment: