Monday, October 5, 2009

Kadi's Sister...and, no, that does not mean I'm pregnant!


Funniest thing ever! So, here is the prerequisite first just so you don't think that I am completely disconnected. Jeremy and I aren't normally the ones that bring our kids to children's church because we are blessed with some wonderful armor bearers and volunteers that take care of that for us while we lead worship, pre-service prayer, etc, etc. However, most of the time, I will pick them up though. The point is that I don't normally have a chance to get to know or chat with the children's church workers because we are so busy on Sundays and Wednesdays and they have multiple services with different workers that rotate each time.

Well this week, after youth worship, we went to the 5th and 6th grade class for a trial run with some of our teens to brainstorm and see about the possibility of also starting up a kid's worship team. When we were going through introductions, the children's church worker (whom I had seen before in passing) says, "Hey, you're Kadi's sister, right?" Preoccupied, I answer, "Yes, it's so nice to meet you." Her comment went completely in one ear and out the other. It wasn't until about 30 seconds later that I turned and said, "Did you say Kadi's SISTER?" She nodded and I laughed, "No, actually I'm her mother!" The shock on her face was hysterical! She thought I was a teenager as she waves her husband over in disbelief. She just about fell over when I told her that I was 28 and then introduced her to my husband who is 34! That completely made my day! Now if Javin would only leave me alone about my wrinkles, I'd be a happy camper! Anyone know of a good wrinkle cream?

So, anyway, now my goal is to make more of an effort to get to know the people that are teaching and blessing my kids every Sunday. Valuable lesson learned. If they don't know you're the parent, that's probably not a good sign. I love and appreciate those ministering in children's church so much...especially after being in there briefly yesterday. God has some great things in store for CovKids as his anointing is released over them, and I am excited to be able to see that unfold from a first-hand perspective now.

Do you know who is pouring into your kid's lives or do you just view them as babysitters for a couple hours? Let's get to know them. They have so much to impart! =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment