Friday, November 13, 2009

Tucker Clan Update!

Wow! So much has happened in the last month…

1. Javin lost his first top tooth which makes him talk so cute. However, being the perfectionist that he is, not being able to speak and pronounce properly is driving him nuts. And with yet another top tooth about to fall out, this only adds to his frustration because he will now be missing all 4 front teeth soon. I guess he will be singing “All I want for Christmas is my 4 front teeth!”

2. The Tucker Clan has officially grown to six! Despite some quite disturbing circumstances last month, we were excited to welcome Brittany’s 17 year old brother, Roman to the family. Their mother, Melany, passed away unexpectedly, but God has still shown himself faithful to both of them and has showered them with favor and love. There have been so many instances, but I will share a few big ones:

*A complete stranger heard of the hardship, called in a favor from the execs at Southwest airlines and they were both given FREE airfare.
*Someone else donated a bunk bed in excellent condition and also threw in a dresser!
*Brittany’s work collected money from employees to assist with the financial stress of her having to miss a week of work.
*Counseling is being offered to both of them free of charge.
*Family and friends have sent gift cards, money and encouraging notes.
*We ran into what we thought would be some kinks in the custody battle, but God has gradually taken care of every detail one person at a time. Each of those have been a miracle in itself.
*Melany’s stuff in storage was due to be auctioned off and someone stepped up to cover the cost of $500, so that they could have access to the belongings.

Please continue to pray for them as they adjust. I am so proud of each of them and Javin and Kadi love them like crazy!

3. We were forced to have “the talk” with Javin. That proved to be quite interesting. Poor thing. He caught our dogs…ahem, cough, cough…in the act a few days ago. I thought he was in bed sleeping, but didn’t realize until later that he was standing in the doorway in shock while I tried to figure out what the heck was going on. Jeremy explained things like a champ and I was so proud of him. He pulled out Scripture and explained the beauty of the God-given gift. Then we royally threatened Javin about not telling Kadi about the details of “life”. We’ll see how long that lasts, I guess! (It seems that we may be expecting puppies in about 2 months…anyone interested?) AAaaargh! Needless to say, the 5 1/2 month old puppy will be scheduled for a fix ASAP!

4. I had a parent-teacher conference with Kadi’s K5 teacher. They have informed me that she is a little too bossy and likes to mother all of the kids. Her friends get annoyed, and she tells them that she is just trying to keep them out of trouble. Kadi thinks she is in charge. I guess there is no denying that she is my daughter! She is going to be a strong leader; watch out world!

5. God has answered one of my most precious prayers recently. A couple relationships that I had missed so dearly have finally been restored. I love how God can vindicate though I don’t exactly agree with His timing and procrastination on such issues!

So, to sum it all up. Life is good. Hectic and crazy busy, but I am completely happy. I even have a new bistro dining set (yet another blessing of God’s favor) that seats 6 people! God even knows the desires that seem so small to us, but mean the most. Now, we can all have family dinner, game night and great conversation. I love having a big family! Like my new dining set?!?

1 comment:

  1. When you are growing...that's fruit!! How wonderful God is and His favor in our lives! And with Kadi, you are right! Nothing short of you! Ha. I love your ENTIRE gang, and NO I'm not getting a puppy! And I know Jeremy can't wait for ME to beat him on this wonderful table with the turntable in the middle!! Bring it on! And my "Darlin Pie"! He will be singing wanting his "four font teef". Can't wait to squeeze them and love 'em and play with 'em in about 2 weeks. Love you honey~Mom

    ReplyDelete