Friday, November 20, 2009

Reasons To Be Thankful!



  • Life is often so busy and so fast paced that we often forget to take time to remember the things that we are thankful for, namely people. As I sit back thinking about the past year, I am more than grateful for the following:
  • I am first thankful for my family...all six of us. I enjoy each moment we have together and I love how our family has evolved. My husband is the best and most caring man on the planet. Javin and Kadi make my world go 'round and their unconditional love amazes me. And Brittany and Roman are the most grateful and unselfish teenagers that I have ever met, always willing to lend a hand whether it be with the dishes, the laundry or the kids. How did I get so lucky?

I am thankful that God has given the doctors wisdom with regards to my health this year. Despite the fact that I take 10-15 pills a day, I am glad that I can function and live life to its fullest!

I am thankful for provision. I could not ask for a better job or better bosses. They spoil me rotten! And I am soooo glad that Jeremy has a steady job that he loves working for a wonderful company with excellent health benefits. Praise the Lord on that one!

I am thankful for God and His FOG! Without the Favor of God, I don't know how so many things could have fallen into place so gracefully. He truly has our best interest at stake. Learning to trust Him completely has been a journey, but he has always proved faithful and gone above and beyond! Thank you, Jesus!

I am thankful for Pastor Mike and Debbie Gamble. Words cannot describe the amount of love and respect that I have for this couple. They are the real deal, encouraging, life-giving and completely dependable. I can trust them 100% which is huge for me.

I am thankful for our church and the people in it! Holla, Covenant McKinney!

I am thankful for my parents and my extended family. Always there, no matter what. Love endures all things and all situations. Always supportive.

I am thankful for the friendships that have begun to form. It's amazing what happens when you let the wall down.

There are many more, so maybe I will have to write a part 2! It is always good to reflect on the important things in life and be thankful for the things we so easily take for granted. (Thank you Jacqueline for making me appreciate my washer & dryer along with my dishwasher! It was great to get a missionary's perspective)

So, what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment