Monday, May 10, 2010

Pistachio Cream Pie

Are you looking for something cool and delicious to serve at your next party, event, holiday or potluck? Need to impress some relatives?

With summer on the horizon, I thought I would share with you one of my new favorite recipes. I wanted to make something special for Brittany and Roman since Mother's Day was going to be a rough day for them. I knew they liked pistachios, so I created a Pistachio Cream Pie just for them. We have now decided that it will be our new Mother's Day tradition! Here is what you will need:
  • 2 Graham Cracker Pie Crusts
  • 1 Tub of Philadelphia Ready Made Cheesecake Filling
  • 2 packs of Pistachio Instant Pudding Mix
  • 3 cups of milk
  • 1/4 cu. of finely crushed pistachios (more or less)

Mix all of the ingredients in a big bowl and blend well. Pour into pie crusts, chill about 30 minutes and serve! Top with whipped cream and garnish with a few whole pistachios for that special added touch.

I actually like to split the recipe in half and make two different pies. Chocolate Chip Banana Cream is our other favorite...or Triple Chocolate Fudge...or Lemon Love... Hint: Just substitute with your favorite Jello pudding mix! It's so easy and doesn't require any baking. You can even add fresh fruit. Be creative. It's fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment