Thursday, December 16, 2010

Our Nine Year Anniversary

So, yes, I realize that it has been quite sometime since my last blog, but it has been one crazy, busy fall season! Now I am back in the saddle, so let's giddy-up because I have been wanting to write about my anniversary!

On December 1st, Jeremy and I celebrated 9 years of marriage. Wahoo! Years 4-6 were pretty rough with the idea of divorce looming overhead, but we learned important lessons, went to counseling and have continued to grow more in love each day. I am so stoked to be married to such an incredible man of God. I find such comfort in his embrace, warmth in his smile and a heart that is ever giving. Needless to say, we were excited to celebrate another year! For our special night, we had a lovely dinner planned, a wine tasting reserved and memories waiting to be made. Then the church called...

Our anniversary had fallen on a Wednesday night. So since it was First Fruits, we didn't have to lead worship. (Yea, a night off!) Then I got a call saying that they wanted us at service to "commission" us as leaders in front of the congregation. We decided to cancel our other plans and let them know that we would be there. I mean, we had spent other anniversaries at church; heck, we were married in a church, so this was fine...no big deal. It didn't necessarily seem any different. Oh, but it was.

In fact, just over 10 years ago during our dating tenure, I remember us sitting with Bro. Rod in Louisiana discussing some of our issues and fears about being married. We felt like our ministries would inevitably take us in opposite directions since we both shared different passions, and this fear terminated the relationship for about 6 months. What we did not realize was that our passions actually complimented each other perfectly. It took us a while to see that potential, but even longer to believe it. Now many years later, we are so grateful for our current Pastors' Mike and Debbie Gamble for pointing that out and reminding us again. They blessed us, believed in us and spoke life into our marriage during a time when we needed it most.

Our commissioning and their re-affirming ended up being extremely symbolic for Jeremy and I both. How awesome is it that the one thing we questioned so long ago was now being publicly confirmed (on our anniversary) as we stood in front of the Covenant McKinney congregation?!? It was amazing to see our destinies mirror each other and our passions sing in perfect harmony. ♫♪♫

I had forgotten all about that initial meeting with Bro. Rod until that night. I love it when God works full circle! And on top of that, someone who did not know us said that God told them to buy this (HUGE) diamond-like gemstone ornament and that they would know who it was for when they got to church that night. As the service went on, they knew it was for us and explained that it was to serve as a reminder of this night and that we are married to Him, etc.

Now it sits displayed on our tree and will be for many years to come. God knew what He was doing then, and He knows what He's doing now. Trust is a great thing. I cannot wait to see where our paths lead. I am just glad that we get to walk that road together. I could not imagine my life's journey with anyone else. ♥










No comments:

Post a Comment