Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I ♥ Snow!

Snow brings me to my happy place, and it is one of the very few times that I pause to relax. I love the calm, peacefulness of it all. Amidst the busyness of life, it makes you stop and gaze at the beauty of God's handiwork. I have always felt comfortable and at home with the golf course in my backyard, so imagine my delight when it was covered with snow!

The kids were having a blast "sledding" down the hills on our giant pizza pan. (Hey, when you live in Texas, you have to make do with what you can find!) We built a snow-woman and an igloo last year, but this time we decided to try our hands at SNOW CREAM!

Being lactose intolerant, I was finally glad to find a cold treat that I could actually enjoy! We went and gathered fresh, untouched snow and skimmed the top, so that we didn't have to worry about it touching grass or anything. With about 5-6 inches on the ground, we were able to get a pretty good amount. And with all the widespread snowstorms from here to the eastcoast, I thought I would post the recipe if you want to give it a whirl!

*8 Cups of Fresh Snow
*1 Cup of Milk
*1/2 Cup of Sugar
*1 Packet of Mint Chocolate Cocoa Mix
*1 oz. of Bailey's (optional)

Mix it all together and serve immediately. You can substitute any flavor that you want. If you opt not to use the cocoa packet and use vanilla instead, then you may need to add more sugar.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment