Tuesday, May 23, 2017

You See, What Had Happened Was...

Ok, here's the deal. I have not consistently blogged over the last few years like I used to do. Why? Because life happened. I allowed life to cloud my thoughts, overwhelm my time, expose my insecurities and silence my voice. What I had to say seemed only important to me and there was a lot of hurt and pain that dulled my passion to write. I don't have many outlets, but I love to sing and blog. It seems obvious that those would be the areas under attack...too bad I didn't realize it until now.

We all go through seasons where there are more questions than answers and more tasks than time. Priorities begin to shift as we navigate unchartered waters, wade through the doubt and worship through the storm. This year has brought about more change than any of us were prepared for, but more favor, faith and freedom than we ever knew we needed. We asked for God's direction, and He's been moving faster than we can keep up.

At the beginning of the year, the Lord spoke a word to me for 2017: FEARLESS. As I began to pray about that more, He revealed that it was not his expectation OF me, but more His promise TO me. The future would soon reveal why and boy was I gonna need it. Meanwhile, the first week of January, I felt impressed to write a specific melody that was on my heart. That song has now become my anthem. The Lord knew that I was going to need to remember the what, why and hope of the reasons I wrote it. This year started out with a whirlwind of devastating blows, but healing came quickly...both physically and spiritually. It was shocking actually. We began to receive prophetic words from various friends and pastors, none of which knew what we were walking through at the time. The absolute best book I read during this time was called "Uninvited" by Lysa Terkeurst. Don't let the title fool you because it is about a host of topics which helped to fast track my forgiveness in certain areas, trust God with the natural and tap into the supernatural. It allowed me to let go and let God. Literally. Best. Book. Ever.

We are almost half way through 2017 and I could not be more excited about what's in store. And while we are not yet ready to let certain cats out of the bag, we know that He will end up with all the glory in the end. Hard work is paying off and dreams are coming true. I believe God has given us divine inspiration, wisdom and impartation for which we are SEEING results and I could not ask for anything more. God is good all the time, and all the time, God is...awesome. =P

P.S. While I'm giving updates, I may as well tell you that we adopted another teen in January of 2016. Her name is Tina. She graduates this year and will be attending UT Austin in the fall. She's had quite the journey as well. God's grace is sufficient!

{Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEREMY!}






No comments:

Post a Comment