Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Realistic Faith

LOVE this revelation! What if you could opt to choose an alternate reality despite your current circumstance? Well, faith gives us that option! Faith gives us the ability to look beyond our present situation to a reality that is to come...on earth. Put a pin in that. But taken a step further, it is ALREADY DONE in heaven according to Matt 6:10, so reality even in another realm is still reality, right? I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me explain what started all this craziness...

Jer 33:3 popped up on my Bible app yesterday which says, "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and hidden things that you have not known." The Lord tells Jeremiah this while he's sitting in prison! Present circumstance. Perceived reality. But God wanted to show him a different reality that was just as tangible and just as real, a reality that just hadn't made it to earth yet. Then the fact that He says, "I WILL" sounds like a promise and a guarantee instead of an "I could or I may." So, if I call, He WILL answer and tell/show me realities I can't see. 

My next question was, "What are we supposed to do with the hidden or 'unseen' things that God has shown us? Have FAITH. The Lord quickly reminded me of a scripture in Hebrews, but this time for whatever reason, I chose to read it in the Amplified version. Talk about eye opening!!! Never before have I read the definition of faith (and evidence) so clearly with regard to reality. Pay special attention to the text in brackets. It will rock your world.

“Now faith is the assurance (title deed, confirmation) of things hoped for (divinely guaranteed), and the evidence of things not seen [the conviction of their reality--faith comprehends as fact what cannot be experienced by the physical senses].”
HEBREWS 11:1 AMP

Woah. Mind blown. 

So is reality a product of circumstance or is circumstance a product of reality? Apparently, it doesn't actually matter because this seems to tell me that neither one has to dictate the other. 

Let me share a simple story from Monday. Kadi and I were driving back from Wylie at 4:45pm. According to GPS, it was going to take AT LEAST an hour to get home. I even made the comment that it would probably be an hour and a half since it was rush hour. After all, I drive home from work at this time every day. I would know. To me, that was a fact, a realistic expectation. To Kadi, that was negotiable, a reality that could be altered. She responds with "It doesn't have to take that long" and starts quoting Prov. 18:21 to me..."Death and life are in the power of the tongue." She was speaking LIFE to my assumed reality {insert shocked parent face here}. Case and point? We made it home in 45 minutes. She had faith in a reality she saw differently despite outside factors, other's experience or opinions. Oh to have childlike faith like that once again...

I've always thought of myself as a realist, but all this is totally messing with my head. I'm gonna need to break all this down into smaller pieces, vet it out and chew on it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment