Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sorry, Honey!

Apparently, I am not perfect. Who knew? I went hang out with a couple girlfriends last night and got home about 10pm. I walked in to find Jeremy in the bathroom shaving his head with the electric clippers and a pile of hair in his sink. So, I walked over to my side of the bathroom where I had a shirt soaking in bleach in the other sink. I realized it had drained, so I thought that I would just rinse it out. I turned the water on and chatted briefly with Jeremy over the loud buzzing of the clippers, but I forgot about the water since I couldn’t hear it (and obviously neither did he). At least that is my excuse anyway.

I initially walked off to grab a towel since I was about to take a shower. Then my 90 mile-a-minute brain took over. “Oh, the dogs need to go out first. Let me go open the back door. (And wait for them to finish). Oh, Jeremy left all the lights on in the house - as usual. Let me turn them all off. Oh, my Ipad is dead. Let me go get the charger out of Jeremy’s backpack. Now, what was I doing again? Oh, right, getting a towel. Oh, there are a few towels in the dryer. Maybe I’ll just fold a few, too.” And then…

“KELLY!!!! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?!?” What in the world was he screaming about? I ran into the bathroom and stepped into the Great Flood. Jeremy was scrambling to jump out of the water that surrounded him, unplug his clippers and race to turn off the water on the other side of the bathroom…that now covered my hair dryer that fell on the floor, the cords for my curling iron and straightener and a few pairs of shoes. Oops.

The one towel in my hand was pointless. My shirt had clogged the drain, and water was just pouring over the side, down the cabinet, on the floor and in the closet before making its way to the bedroom. Everything was soaked, including a pile of dirty clothes. By the time it had made its way to Jeremy, the water had already covered the rest of the bathroom floor. Now remember, Jeremy is focused on clipping his hair and trimming his neck while listening to the buzzing that has drowned out the sound of rushing water! Pun intended. He didn’t realize the impending danger creeping up on him until his feet were wet. SHRIEK!

OMGosh! I almost killed my husband by means of electrocution! I felt so terrible; I just kept apologizing. I didn’t even bother explaining my train of thought at that point. At least he was OK and I’m still alive, er, I mean, HE is still alive.

So much for all the towels that I just folded. Now my Jacuzzi tub sits filled to the brim with wet towels, laundry, bathroom mats and my REALLY white bleached shirt. Guess what I’ll be doing tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment