Tuesday, August 11, 2009

James Cohen McGee




Finally, a baby McGee! Last night we all welcomed James Cohen McGee into the world...most of us via Facebook. Thank God for technology. I felt like I was right there with them and didn't miss a beat. You would never have known I was 8 hours away! Cohen, born on August 11th at 12:13am, weighed in at 6lbs. 4oz. and was 20" long.

I thought I was going to jump out of my skin when my brother called yesterday evening and said, "It's game time!" Wow, my little brother was going to be a daddy. I cannot tell you how old that made me feel! I was so excited! Then I realized that my Dad was probably going to be speeding like a mad man to get there from Lake Charles/Baton Rouge! Of course, I called him about 5+ times to make sure that he was being safe. I don't even want to know how fast he was going. I'm glad he didn't have time to stop and get the Porsche!

Well, he made it safely, and all the men wore their Saints jerseys for "game day" complete with one for Cohen. We all eagerly waited for Matt to post the latest update on Facebook or receive the latest text. Man, how times have changed! He didn't even have to have a phone tree set up or anything!

Then came the updates: Game time, delay of game, end zone, 1st and goal, time out, 2nd yard line, touchdown! Praise God for a smooth delivery and a healthy baby!

James: meaning "supplanter"
Cohen: meaning "priest, priestly"; "brave and gallant"; "the direct male descendant of the Biblical Aaron, brother of Moses"

Makes me want to have another one! Just kidding! Almost...maybe...good thing I'm fixed!

6 comments:

  1. Kelly,

    This is Kim, I had sent you a email reply awhile ago, and never heard. Saw your big smile on facebook and found the Tucker Talkin. Would love to hear from you....

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I am sooo excited. I have been trying to contact you in every avenue possible for almost a year now! I never did get an email from you. Please send me your phone number or call me...704-724-7135. Are you on FB?

    ReplyDelete
  3. email... 2misskim@gmail.com My cell phone just died yesterday, so I have no connection with the outside world aside my from my email unti my new phone arrives :( So sad... but I'd love to hear from you!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete