Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Kadi's First Tooth



Kadi lost her first tooth last night. I walked in the door from work, and I could hear her crying in my bedroom. I found her sitting in front of my mirror with a pile of kleenex, probably 20 or so. When asked what was wrong, she said that she was so nervous (and scared) about her tooth and just wanted it out. She said her tooth was too slippery and her tears were making it worse. I tried to have her let me touch it, but no way! Not if I wanted to keep my fingers. Finally, I was able to coax her through it: push it forward, twist to the left, now the right and pull. It worked!!! Poor thing, she was so stressed about it.
Do you remember the emotions that you felt when you lost your first tooth? It all came rushing back, the anxiety, the happiness, the nervousness. However, I don't remember mine being as traumatic. When that tooth came out, I had never seen her so relieved in my life. I felt so bad for her, but I was really trying not to laugh because it was so pitiful.
Well, nighttime came and it was time to put her tooth under her pillow for the tooth fairy to come, yet still knowing all along it was me. She wanted to stay up late; I fell asleep. Suddenly, at 6:30am I jumped out of bed in a panic. I had forgotten to leave her money. I bolted (somewhat quietly) in her room, stuck a $1.50 under the pillow and quickly sneaked back out. She woke up about 10 minutes later. Oh, thank the Lord. I would have felt terrible. Needless to say, I suck as a tooth fairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment